Attention FSL and Immersion Teachers!
Get off to a great start in 2019 with an AIM workshop!
Join Wendy Maxwell, creator of the methodology, at one or both of our AIM trainings in early October.
View live classroom demonstrations with students!
- October 25th & 26th, 2019
St. Joseph's School
757 West Burnside Road at the McKenzie Interchange
Workshops for Beginner AIM teachers
This interactive and practical workshop will give you the opportunity to discover and try some of the AIM’s innovative techniques. Learn the unique tools and strategies used in an AIM classroom.
This is a two-day workshop.
Date & Time
Day 1: Friday, October 25th, 2019 Time: 9:00am-3:00pm
You will learn how to:
- Get your students speaking the target language and use gestures to establish (painlessly!) a French-only classroom environment from the very first day of classes
- Encourage language production from all students at all levels
- Scaffold activities to ensure maximum student confidence and success
- Use music and choreography to create an active and engaging classroom environment
- Work with AIM plays at the beginning levels and utilize the effectiveness of a story-based approach
- Introduce basic language manipulation activities
Day 2: Saturday, October 26th, 2019 Time: 9:00am-3:00pm
The facilitator will continue to focus on the unique tools and strategies used in an AIM classroom.
Topics covered will include:
- How to maximize use of gestures and have students speaking with you at all times
- How to implement story retelling and story extension activities
- How to correct work with an emphasis on error analysis as a way to refine grammar knowledge in context
Registration & Continental breakfast at 8:30 a.m.
Lunch is included in the workshop price