Unleash the Power of the AIM for Teaching Languages!
Date: Thursday, January 30th, 2020 and Friday, January 31st, 2020 in Calgary AB.
- Workshops for Beginner AIM teachers
This interactive and practical workshop will give you the opportunity to discover and try some of the AIM’s innovative techniques. Learn the unique tools and strategies used in an AIM classroom.
As we are hosting the workshop at a school whose teacher uses the methodology, you will have opportunities to view live class demonstrations where you may experience AIM in action!
Colonel Sanders School
226 Northmount Dr NW,
Date & Time
This is a two-day workshop.
Day 1: Thursday, January 30th, 2020 Time: 9:00am-3:00pm
You will learn how to:
• Get your students speaking the target language and use gestures to establish painlessly!) a French-only classroom environment from the very first day of classes
• Encourage language production from all students at all levels
• Scaffold activities to ensure maximum student confidence and success
• Use music and choreography to create an active and engaging classroom environment
• Work with AIM plays at the beginning levels and utilize the effectiveness of a story-based approach
• Introduce basic language manipulation activities
Day 2: Friday, January 31st, 2020 Time: 9:00am-3:00pm
The facilitator will continue to focus on the unique tools and strategies used in an AIM classroom.
Topics covered will include:
• How to maximize use of gestures and have students speaking with you at all times
• How to implement story retelling and story extension activities
• How to correct work with an emphasis on error analysis as a way to refine grammar knowledge in context
Thursday, January 30th, 2020 8:00am-9:00am
Facilitator: Wendy Maxwell
Lunch is included in the workshop price and coffee & tea will be provided each morning.