Unleash the Power of the AIM for Teaching Languages!
Date: Friday, March 1st, 2019 and Saturday March 2nd , 2019 in Winnipeg MB.
Workshops for Beginner AIM teachers
This interactive and practical workshop will give you the opportunity to discover and try some of the AIM’s innovative techniques. Learn the unique tools and strategies used in an AIM classroom.
Balmoral Hall School
630 Westminster Ave,
Date & Time
This is a two-day workshop.
Day 1: Friday, March 1st, 2019 Time: 9:00am-3:00pm
You will learn how to:
• Get your students speaking the target language and use gestures to establish painlessly!) a French-only classroom environment from the very first day of classes
• Encourage language production from all students at all levels
• Scaffold activities to ensure maximum student confidence and success
• Use music and choreography to create an active and engaging classroom environment
• Work with AIM plays at the beginning levels and utilize the effectiveness of a story-based approach
• Introduce basic language manipulation activities
Day 2: Saturday March 2nd , 2019 Time: 9:00am-3:00pm
The facilitator will continue to focus on the unique tools and strategies used in an AIM classroom.
Topics covered will include:
• How to maximize use of gestures and have students speaking with you at all times
• How to implement story retelling and story extension activities
• How to correct work with an emphasis on error analysis as a way to refine grammar knowledge in context
Friday, March 1st, 2019 8:00am-9:00am
Facilitator: Wendy Maxwell
Lunch is included in the workshop price and coffee & tea will be provided each morning.
Join us for coffee and light breakfast at 8:30 a.m.