Live In-Person - Fall Institute 2023 in Kelowna BC - LEVEL 1 - Beginner Core/FSL French (Grades K-11)
Level 1 - 2 Day Training - Beginner (Let's Get Started with AIM) (Core/FSL-Grades K-12; French Immersion-Grades 3-6; Late Immersion/Estended French-Grades 4-8) with Wendy Maxwell, Creator of the AIM
Dates: October 20 & 21, 2023 (Two six-hour days of training/networking)
Times: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Location: Aberdeen Hall School, Kelowna BC https://www.aberdeenhall.com
Grants are available for BC residents as long as you also attend our Virtual Specialty Sessions on July 21, 2023. You can select this 3-day option in the dropdown of the workshop you wish to purchase.
Do you want to experience the excitement of seeing your students reading, writing, and speaking the target language?
At AIM Language Learning, we’re on a mission to help increase student language acquisition through our unique classroom methodology. Our approach to language learning provides teaching resources, teacher development, and ongoing support for language teachers, from Kindergarten to grade 12.
Don't miss out! There will be live demonstration classes with students given by AIM Creator, Wendy Maxwell.
- review the key principles, strategies and techniques of the methodology
show how to accelerate the development of language proficiency through the Gesture Approach
demonstrate how to use gestures spontaneously to create authentic interactions and proficiency
- show how rhythm, rhyme and music may effectively increase engagement and the development of language skills
Help students develop written proficiency
In these sessions you will:
- effectively use the Partner/Group Activities Book
- seamlessly segué from oral to written activities
- model written activities so that students may effectively engage in partner/group activities exclusively in French
- implement systems to help students monitor their exclusive use of the Target Language only
Up to one week before date of workshop: 90% REFUND.
No Refund if cancellation less than seven days before workshop.