Have you been to an AIM workshop in the past three years?
Let us help you move forward with your AIM implementation in our new...
AIM Part 2: Your next step after a Beginner Workshop
Training for K-12 FSL and Primary/Elementary Immersion Teachers
Date: Saturday, January 11th, 2020 and Sunday January 12th , 2020 in Delta BC. (Vancouver area)
DELTA MANOR EDUCATION CENTRE
4750 57 Street
Delta BC V4K 3C9
This is a two-day workshop.
In this workshop, you will:
- Review key AIM concepts such as Total and Partial Questions,
- Spontaneous Gesturing
- Work in groups to practice key AIM techniques and strategies
- Analyze video footage of teachers who are using AIM and reflect on your own practice
- Learn how to target certain grammar concepts
- Brainstorm ways to ensure ‘Target Language Only’
- Learn new AIM games and activities
- Deepen your understanding of the most important AIM activities - Story Retelling and Extension!
* We require the following pre-requisites in order to register for this workshop.
- I am working on an AIM Kit;
- I am working on implementing the target language-only rule and have some success;
- I am somewhat confident with gesturing/using TLSE with my class;
- I may or may not have attempted a Story Retelling but am ready to try.
Saturday, January 11th, 2020 8:30 am-9:00am
Facilitator: Wendy Maxwell
Breakfast and lunch are included in the workshop price and coffee & tea will be provided each morning.
Join us for coffee and light breakfast at 8:30 a.m.
We recommend that teachers attend ab AIM workshop every two years as new ideas are presented each year!
Should you be unable to attend, we refund 90% up to one week before the workshop. Within 7 days of the workshop date, we will not be able to issue a refund.