*Earlybird special is on until December 15, 2019
Have you been to an AIM workshop in the past three years?
Let us help you move forward with your AIM implementation in our new...
AIM Part 2: Your next step after a Beginner Workshop
Training for K-12 FSL and Primary/Elementary Immersion Teachers
Date: Saturday, January 11th, 2020 and Sunday January 12th , 2020 in Delta BC. (Vancouver area)
DELTA MANOR EDUCATION CENTRE
4750 57 Street
Delta BC V4K 3C9
This is a two-day workshop.
In this workshop, you will:
- Review key AIM concepts such as Total and Partial Questions,
- Spontaneous Gesturing
- Work in groups to practice key AIM techniques and strategies
- Analyze video footage of teachers who are using AIM and reflect on your own practice
- Learn how to target certain grammar concepts
- Brainstorm ways to ensure ‘Target Language Only’
- Learn new AIM games and activities
- Deepen your understanding of the most important AIM activities - Story Retelling and Extension!
* We require the following pre-requisites in order to register for this workshop.
- I am working on an AIM Kit;
- I am working on implementing the target language-only rule and have some success;
- I am somewhat confident with gesturing/using TLSE with my class;
- I may or may not have attempted a Story Retelling but am ready to try.
Saturday, January 11th, 2020 8:30 am-9:00am
Facilitator: Wendy Maxwell
Breakfast and lunch are included in the workshop price and coffee & tea will be provided each morning.
Join us for coffee and light breakfast at 8:30 a.m.
We recommend that teachers attend ab AIM workshop every two years as new ideas are presented each year!
Should you be unable to attend, we refund 90% up to one week before the workshop. Within 7 days of the workshop date, we will not be able to issue a refund.