- ▼ 2 Session Course Outlines
How to use games in the AIM Primary Immersion classroom
For Immersion teachers who have taken the Beginner Foundations or live Training
Dates: Monday, March 22 and Monday, March 29, 2021
Time: 3:00 p.m.PST / 6:00 p.m.EST
In these two 60-minute sessions, we will:
- learn a variety of group games that get students speaking
- discover educational games that encourage the use of pared-down language
- learn how to use board games to foster spontaneous and authentic communication
- ▼ 4 or 6 Session Course Outlines
1. Let’s get started with AIM in Immersion!
Beginner/Refresher course / Cost: $199.00 per teacher
Time: 3:00 p.m.PST / 6:00 p.m.EST / 10:00 p.m.Europe
Monday, April 19, 2021 - 2 hours
Monday, May 3, 2021 - 2 hours
Monday, May 17, 2021 - 2 hours
Monday, June 7, 2021 - 75 minutes (Time: 4:00-5:15
In these sessions, we will focus on:
- developing oral language skills through the extensive use of the Gesture Approach
- simplifying the language so that you may engage exclusively in the Target language with students
- implementing effective AIM Routines for engagement and successful classroom management
- using Transition songs develop langue skills and create a sense of security and predictability
2. Taking AIM into other subject areas
No live sessions. Recordings are available.
Cost: $199.00 per teacher
In these six 75-minute sessions, we will focus on:
- the continued development oral language skills
- how to model activities so that students may effectively engage in centre activities exclusively in French
- AIM activities that develop written language skills
- a variety of concrete activities that take the AIM philosophy into the teaching of social studies, math, science, art and language arts
- ▼ See what teachers are saying!!
Recent testimonials from teachers who attended our online PD!
"I can't say enough about the AIM methodology and the 2 session webinars were a perfect way for a teacher who has gotten their feet wet and are now ready to dive deeper into how to effectively implement AIM in the classroom. It made concepts I was familiar with more clear and brought the methodology to life with real examples and clear explanations. AIM teacher experts answered questions and shared their knowledge and expertise in ways that made the program all the more meaningful for us as teachers. I came away with increased confidence in myself, increased optimism for reaching the target of French-only, and a more thorough understanding on how to operate from the core principles that make AIM so successful. My favourite sessions were on the subjects of story-retelling, classroom management, and grammar. I feel much more equipped with tools to help my students be successful. Most importantly, these strategies and tools are in line with our desire to reach all students and include their voice while lining with curriculum expectations and the goals of the CEFR. I can't wait to keep learning and growing with this fantastic methodology."
"Very informative, with lots of opportunity for questions.. even after the session ended! Wendy was so engaging, and presented everything in a clear and concise manner. Watching the videos of the classes in action was very inspiring, especially as I had no first hand expose to AIM. As well, the webinars were FUN!!"
"I liked most our Facilitator Wendy Maxwell, the way she conducted the webinar, and the content of it. Wendy was very clear, and always open to listen and answer to any of our questions. Also very inclusive and always professional, respectful and kind. Thanks so much, it was a great experience!"
"Personally, I find the AIM methodology superior to any other way of teaching a second language that I have encountered so fare in my career, and I am working hard on mastering every aspect of it. Thank you for all of the support and inspiration!"
"The webinars were fantastic. I loved being able to customize my own learning by choosing topics that fit my needs most (I ended up buying all five anyway!). I deeply appreciated the experts sharing their knowledge and experience using AIM. There is no question the methodology works - especially when students are able to enter into AIM learning as early as possible. Becoming an expert does not happen overnight, it happens with experience and having the support to get there through relevant PD, updated resources and ongoing support is not only helpful it's essential to truly using the methodology to its fullest."
"The webinars were very well presented, informative and engaging. I liked how each point that was made was well illustrated with examples and videos."
"It brought the AIM content to life through the lens of experienced AIM teachers. It made concepts clear and easy to see in action. It helped me see where I can grow as an AIM teacher myself and helped me feel equipped to try new things with my students."
We are excited to offer a Fall/Winter Series so that you may personalize your training needs with 2-session webinars and 4 or 6-session webinars!
<------------ Check out the course descriptions, dates & times over here!
<------------ Thank you for the wonderful feedback!
Let's get started!
You can get BOTH Webinars PLUS our *Online Teacher Training, with our Personalized Live Online AIM PD Immersion Package: $429 (Save $79!)
For those who have taken our Beginner course and want to focus on a specific topic, check out our two-session courses. Only $99 per teacher, or Bundle all 6 for $429!
Up Your Game! - New Training with AIM!
- A new length and sequence for our Beginner/Refresher courses
- More interactivity in every course
- New 2-session topic-specific courses that will delve into one aspect of the methodology in-depth
- We are providing certificates of attendance for teachers who attend and participate in sessions and who require proof of attendance in the course