This Kit contains:
- a new 2018 edition of Teachers Guide and Partner/Group Activities Book for the Step One La poule Maboule Kit that fully describes how to implement the Accelerative Integrated Methodology (AIM) in your classroom
- our first digital four-colour Teacher’s Guide that describes how to take the strategies and techniques that you learn in the core Teacher’s Guide and take them (in a fully thematically-integrated manner) into other subject areas
- digital readers that are integrated with the literacy component of the Immersion-specific Teacher’s Guide
- more technology, fully-described lesson plans, focus on thinking skills and creativity!
This is the adapted version of the popular fairy tale, La poule Maboule. It is the perfect way for very young student to begin a new story. They come to the new language with a known context, so that words are predictable. Lots of repetition and humor, drama, music and dance are found throughout to engage students from the very first day!
The Whole-Class Activities Book and associated Blackline Masters or Student Book guide you and your students through the implementation of the core methodology. You are shown how to accelerate proficiency through a scaffolded, systematic approach, so that students are able to engage in productive and interactive language activities.
Core AIM Whole-Class Activities Book (Teacher’s Guide)
This book includes:
- whole-class activities in five- to ten-minute segments,
- classroom systems,
- entry and leaving routines, and
- 85-Lesson Overview that illustrates the intended flow of the activities in the Kit how to rotate through entry and leaving routines, how often to model each new activity, how to recycle vocabulary, when to introduce each partner/group activity and how long students typically spend in it and when to introduce the creative work with story - story retelling and extension)
- Suggestions for developing student thinking skills and creativity
- assessment for learning blackline masters,
- vocabulary lists and
- game cards.
Immersion-specific Teacher’s Guide
This book includes:
- detailed descriptions of whole-class and partner/group activities appropriate for the primary immersion student
- activities that are integrated with the theme of the Kit story, la poule Maboule
- extended literacy-based activities as well as social studies and math-related activities
- full-colour photos of students working ion the activities described in the book
- embedded video demonstrating exactly what the activities look like in the primary immersion classroom
Partner/Group Activities Book: Blackline Masters
You will find a wide selection of Partner/Group Activities - language-manipulation activities, simple and more complex questions based on the story, creative writing activities for younger students - in easy-to-read, age-appropriate font type and size.
Also includes the play, vocabulary list and words to the accompanying songs. Student workbooks available as an additional purchase.
- Student Workbooks are available as an additional purchase.
- Student Digital Workbooks are available for 1:1 classrooms as an additional purchase.
For younger classes, shared reading with the Big Book is a very important AIM activity. You may also use the e-reader of this same book, projected from the Portal.
Overview of the Principles, strategies and techniques for successful implementation of the methodology in relation to how it develops authentic proficiency through the levels as stated in the CEFR.
Posters and Image Cards
- Image cards of words not gestured
- Hard-copy song and rap posters with lyrics. These also appear as projectable posters on the Portal
AIM Kit Portal (2-year subscription)