- ▼ Kit Content
In response to teacher feedback, this kit has many new features... more technology, alignment with the CEFR, fully-described lesson plans, additional assessment activities and focus on metacognition. .
The Whole-Class Activities Book and associated Blackline Masters or Student Book guide you and your students through the implementation of the core methodology. You are shown how to accelerate proficiency through a scaffolded, systematic approach, so that students are able to engage in productive and interactive language activities.
Whole-Class Activities Book (Teacher’s Guide)
This book includes:
- whole-class activities in five- to ten-minute segments,
- classroom systems,
- entry and leaving routines, and
- 85-Lesson Overview that illustrates the intended flow of the activities in the Kit how to rotate through entry and leaving routines, how often to model each new activity, how to recycle vocabulary, when to introduce each partner/group activity and how long students typically spend in it and when to introduce the creative work with story - story retelling and extension)
- assessment for learning blackline masters,
- vocabulary lists and
- game cards.
Partner/Group Activities Book (Blackline Masters)
Including the play, vocabulary list, language-manipulation activities, simple and more complex questions based on the story, creative writing activities and words to the accompanying songs.
In this book, you will find assessment activities for, as and of learning. CAN DO statements for both teacher and students provide the basis upon which to create learning strategies and success criteria and to develop student metacognition and reflection. The Student Portfolio begins the long-term process of documentation of student achievement through the language learning journey that begins with this Step One Kit.
CEFR Action-Oriented Tasks Book
Once students begin to develop a certain proficiency toward the end of the first core Kit, you select from among a bank of suggested tasks, based on the skills targeted in the Ontario Curriculum. We indicate suggested times for introduction of activities based on expected proficiency developed.
- Student Workbooks are available as an additional purchase.
- Student Digital Workbooks are available for 1:1 classrooms as an additional purchase.
For younger classes, shared reading with the Big Book is a very important AIM activity. You may also use the e-reader of this same book, projected from the Portal.
Overview of the Principles, strategies and techniques for successful implementation of the methodology in relation to how it develops authentic proficiency through the levels as stated in the CEFR.
Posters and Image Cards
- Image cards of words not gestured
- Hard-copy song and rap posters with lyrics. These also appear as projectable posters on the Portal
AIM Kit Portal (2-year subscription)
- ▼ Portal
A two-year subscription comes with the purchase of the Kit
The Portal contains aspects of the content found in the Guides (videos, songs, e-readers, listening activities). Student digital workbooks available for the Portal as an additional purchase.
- The songs (with instrumental versions)
- Fun classroom raps (with instrumental versions)
- E-reader of the story with highlighted text and audio
- Gestured vocabulary for this kit
- Music videos
- The play gestured for this kit
- The play performed by students in costume
- An authentic first class with AIM
- Additional Teacher Instructional Videos
- Complimentary access for 32 students
Do you have more than one class and need additional portals?
- ▼ Student Workbooks
A Student Book saves a great deal of photocopying time and ensures that all student work is kept neatly in one place. Available in both hard copy and digital format on the Portal for 1:1 classrooms.
Shop Student Workbooks
- ▼ Supplementary Resources
- ▼ Teacher Training
Initial and ongoing teacher training is key to the successful implementation of AIM. We have many options for you!
Foundations Training: A series of live online webinars to support your implementation of the Kit or to further your knowledge of the methodology
Face-to-face workshops: with certified AIM Facilitators/Mentors
Two-Day Intensive Summer Institutes: an opportunity to meet with expert facilitators and AIM teachers worldwide
Le chat et la lune *New 2018 Edition
This less-known fairy tale provides younger elementary students with an emotionally-charged, humorous story with an important moral. Because one animal believes that the moon has fallen in the water, all the others follow suit in panic, that is until the king shows them that they are simply looking at a reflection. This play provides both familiarity and plenty of opportunity for the pleasant repetition of key vocabulary and structures.
Enhance your kit with the following extras:Super-Fille- Reader
This is another story about Rachelle and her cats, Ronron and Minou, previously encountered in Ronron le chat. Rachelle dresses in a Super-Fille costume and looks for an adventure where she can play the role of Super-Fille. After almost destroying her brother's castle, she succeeds in protecting it from Minou and Ronron!
Story: Jacqueline Kelly
Illustrations: Timos Batzakas
Appropriate for ages: 7-10
Dans la tête de Jean Nadeau- Reader
Jean is a meticulous little boy. Everything he does is perfect. One day, Jean falls as he comes out of his house and knocks his head against the stairs. As a result he has a series of strange and interesting dreams, He wakes up in hospital with a large bandage around his head. But Jean's character has changed!
Story: Jacqueline Kelly
Illustrations: Stan Gadziola
Appropriate for ages: 4-9