Step 2 - How Do I Get There? kit
- ▼ Kit Content
The Whole-Class Activities Book and associated Blackline Masters or Student Book guide you and your students through the implementation of the core methodology. You are shown how to accelerate proficiency through a scaffolded, systematic approach, so that students are able to engage in productive and interactive language activities.
Whole-Class Activities Book includes:
- Fully-described activities in five- to ten-minute segments
- Classroom management systems
- Entry and leaving routines
- Vocabulary lists
- Game cards
Overview of the Principles, strategies and techniques for successful implementation of the methodology in relation to how it develops authentic proficiency through the levels as stated in the CEFR.
*Included only in every Step 1 Kit
Partner/Group Activities Book (Blackline Masters)
Including the play, vocabulary list, language-manipulation activities, simple and more complex oral and written questions based on the story, creative writing activities and words to the accompanying songs.
- Student Workbooks are available as an additional purchase.
- Student Digital Workbooks are available for 1:1 classrooms as an additional purchase.
For younger classes, shared reading with the Big Book is a very important AIM activity. For older classes you may also use the e-reader of this same book, projected from the Portal, if you purchase a subscription/
Posters and Image Cards
- Image cards of words not gestured
- Song and rap posters with lyrics
AIM Kit Portal (2-year subscription)
- ▼ Portal
A two-year subscription comes with the purchase of the Kit
The Portal contains aspects of the content found in the Guides (videos, songs, e-readers, listening activities). Student digital workbooks available for the Portal as an additional purchase.
- The songs (with instrumental versions)
- Fun classroom raps (with instrumental versions)
- eReader of the story with highlighted text and audio
- Gestured vocabulary for this kit
- Music videos
- The play gestured for this kit
- The play performed by students in costume
- An authentic first class with AIM
- Additional Teacher Instructional Videos
- Complimentary access for 32 students
Do you have more than one class and need additional portals?
- ▼ Student Workbooks
A Student Book saves a great deal of photocopying time and ensures that all student work is kept neatly in one place. Available in both hard copy and digital format on the Portal for 1:1 classrooms.
- ▼ Supplementary Resources
Once you have begun to use AIM, you might like to consider resources that will enhance your implementation of AIM:
- ▼ Teacher Training
Initial and ongoing teacher training is key to the successful implementation of AIM. We have many options for you!
Foundations Training: A series of live online webinars to support your implementation of the Kit or to further your knowledge of the methodology
Face-to-face workshops: with certified AIM Facilitators/Mentors
Two-Day Intensive Summer Institutes: an opportunity to meet with expert facilitators and AIM teachers worldwide
How Do I Get There? kit
This play is suitable to elementary students of all ages. It is the story about the misadventures of a girl from Québec who tries to visit her friend in Paris. In the end, she makes it to his house only to find that he has already left to visit her. By the end of this kit most students should be able to complete their own ten-page story extensions entirely in English.